The Indiana Youth Advisory Board (IYAB) consists of six regional boards made up of current and former foster youth from six regions within the State of Indiana, designed to provide leadership and self-advocacy training and hope for the future.
IYAB’s purpose is to empower Indiana’s foster youth to advocate for themselves and communicate their needs and concerns effectively through increased awareness of their rights and responsibilities and increased access to the resources they need to make successful transitions. To achieve those ends, IYAB members participate in conferences, training sessions, and other activities throughout the year.
Involvement on the Board offers members unique opportunities to take leadership roles in the enlightenment of Department of Child Services (DCS) employees on youth experience and perspective within the foster care system.
Upcoming IYAB Regional Meetings
Heads up! In an effort to keep everyone as safe & healthy as possible with recent health events (coronavirus), we are moving to virtual meetings. For the time being, this is a way for us to stay connected & engaged. Zoom is a conferencing service that allows you to connect by phone or computer to meet. Below are instructions to get connected to our virtual YAB meetings.
View Virtual Meeting Instructions
A couple notes:
- Meetings are scheduled for 2 hours, but we may not go that entire time.
- There will still be a stipend for participation. Attendance to receive stipend will be taken at the end of the meeting.
- You only need to attend the one meeting that works best for your schedule.
- This is a great way to practice a key professional development skill – telecommunications – and meet with youth from other regions!
March 24th, 5pm – 7pm or
March 25th, 6pm – 8pm or
March 27th, 11am – 1pm
All meetings will have the same meeting ID and instructions.
- Download the Zoom app on your phone and join in by entering the meeting ID (this is the easiest way)
- Join on your computer by clicking on the link below:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 226 643 9551
- Call in through the phone numbers (above) and enter meeting ID when prompted.
Any questions? Have something you want to make sure is on the agenda? Call/text Kylie at 317-504-4196 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
No Events on The List at This Time