The program supports individuals who need:
- Help finding a job
- Training on the skills needed to get and maintain a job
- A career coach to help practice skills and explore careers
- Paid work experiences or internships in career fields of interest
- Access to High School Equivalency programs
- Access to job training, and certification or college programs
- Young adults between the ages of 18-25 who have spent at least one day in foster care on or after their 14th birthday.
- Must reside in one of the following counties:
(Boone, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Johnson, Madison, Marion, Morgan, Shelby)
- Have a desire to explore career pathways and attain employment.
The Works Wonders® Process
- Complete a 16-hour workshop and earn a completion stipend
- Receive career coaching, build your resume, create a career portfolio
- Get connected to employers through internships, job shadows, apprenticeships, direct placement into a career, and other career-building activities
Perks of the Program
- Cash incentives for the successful completion of learning opportunities ($100-$500)
- Access to financial education
- Foster Success swag
- A path to a career you love!
- Networking Opportunities
60% of young people report meeting a job-related goal
The Works Wonders® Workforce Readiness program connects teens and young adults (ages 18-25) who have experienced foster care to meaningful employment. Learn more...
Foster Success is looking for employer partners with a vested interest and willingness to partner with our young adults transitioning out of foster care. Learn more...