Save the Dates! Next Training Sessions:
April 3, 5, 10, 12, 17, and 19, 2023 in Indianapolis
If you’re not sure about your availability to attend these dates, please submit an application anyway and we will contact you as we schedule more trainings in the future.
The program supports individuals who need:
- Help finding a job
- Training on the skills needed to get and maintain a job
- A career coach to help practice skills and explore careers
- Paid work experiences or internships in career fields of interest
- Access to High School Equivalency programs
- Access to job training, certification, or college programs
- Young adults between the ages of 18-25 who have spent at least one day in foster care on or after their 14th birthday
- Have a desire to explore career pathways and attain employment
- Reside in the state of Indiana
The Works Wonders® Process
- Complete a 16-hour workshop and earn a completion stipend.
- Receive career coaching, build your resume, and create a career portfolio.
- Get connected to employers through internships, job shadows, apprenticeships, direct placement into a career, and other career-building activities.
Perks of the Program
- Cash incentives for the successful completion of learning opportunities ($100-$500)
- Access to financial education
- Foster Success swag
- A path to a career you love!
- Networking opportunities
60% of young people report meeting a job-related goal
Questions? Contact Daniel Hurst, Program Coordinator – Workforce
All Workforce Readiness Programs
The Works Wonders® Workforce Readiness program connects teens and young adults (ages 18-25) who have experienced foster care to meaningful employment. Learn more...
Direct to Employment
Foster Success Direct to Employment program supports young people (ages 18-25) who have experienced foster care with finding immediate employment. Learn more...
Foster Success is looking for employer partners with a vested interest and willingness to partner with our young adults transitioning out of foster care. Learn more...