Engage in leadership, advocacy, and personal development with Foster Success L.E.A.D.!
What is L.E.A.D.?
- Monthly leadership training focused on developing the skills of young people in the areas of advocacy, policy, public speaking, strategic sharing, and more
- L.E.A.D. Ambassadors: A group of trained young people who can be called upon at any moment to advocate, lead, and engage stakeholders across the state of Indiana and nationally
What participants get from joining L.E.A.D.?
- Learn how government works
- Develop the skills to engage within their communities & with stakeholders
- Have an ongoing outlet for connecting with peers
- Have an ongoing outlet for staying up to date on state & national policies that affect those with foster care experience
- L.E.A.D. training is open to any young person 14+ who has experienced foster care in Indiana
- Ambassadors must be 18+ due to travel in and outside the state
L.E.A.D. trainings include:
- Once Monthly Leadership Meeting for 1 to 1.5 hours
- Topics informed by the participants
- Leadership sessions will be facilitated by a variety of guest speakers
Become a L.E.A.D. Ambassador!
After attending your ﬁrst L.E.A.D. session, you will be eligible to start the process of applying to become a L.E.A.D. Ambassador. L.E.A.D. Ambassadors are an elite group of highly trained young people who will be ﬁrst on the list for all paid engagements/events through Foster Success including:
- Day at the Statehouse
- In district meetings with congressional delegates & local leaders
- Foster Success hiring panels
- Focus groups
- Speciﬁc projects & internships
- Conferences and other engagement events
- Donor events
Indiana Youth Advisory Board (IYAB)
The Indiana Youth Advisory Board (IYAB), is a group of teens and young adults from across Indiana who are currently in or have lived experience in foster care. Learn more...
The IYAB Leadership Team helps set the board’s priorities for the year and make suggestions that will lead to changes in the foster care system. Learn more...
Engage in leadership, advocacy, and personal development with Foster Success L.E.A.D.! Learn more...