10. Know your plan if college/university closes
- Talk to your DCS Collaborative Care Worker
- Talk to you IL Worker
9. Be prepared to spend much of your time in your dorm room.
Understand that just because campus is open, classes may still be online!
8. All campuses will require following CDC Guidelines
(wear a mask, social distance, wash hands, etc)
7. Learn what technology will be required to be used.
Institutions could be using Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and many others may be used!
6. Know the symptoms of COVID-19 and know where to get tested!
5. Refer to the college/universities COVID-19 website daily for updates.
Also, check and read emails sent from the college/university about COVID-19 updates.
- Find important COVID-19 updates
- Find out how long one needs to quarantine, if they should test positive
4. Know where health services are located on campus and how to use this service!
3. Check with the college/university prior to arrival to see if COVID-19 testing is required.
Some colleges/universities are requiring tests before move-in. Connect with us today if you have any questions!
2. Check the college/university website for packing lists.
Necessary cleaning supplies will be listed.
1. Check the move-in schedule.
Most, if not all, will be altered due to COVID-19. Dates have changed, times have changed, and the process may have changed. Talk to the college/university housing office ASAP.