Works Wonders® Career readiness program for teens and young adults who have experienced foster care
The Works Wonders® career readiness program connects foster teens and young adults (ages 18-26) to meaningful employment and paid work experiences.
We want to partner with individuals who need:
- Help finding a job
- Training on the skills needed to get and keep a job
- A career coach to help participants practice their skills and explore career
- A paid work experience in a career field of interest
- Access to High School Equivalency Programs
- Access to a certificate, training, or college program
- Young adults between the ages of 18-26 who have spent at least one day in foster care on or after their 14th birthday.
- Must reside in one of the following counties:
- Boone County
- Hamilton County
- Hancock County
- Hendricks County
- Johnson County
- Madison County
- Marion County
- Morgan County
- Shelby County
- A desire to explore career pathways and attain employment.
- Complete the Tell us a little about yourself at the bottom of this page
The WorksWonders® Process.
- Complete a 16-hour workshop and earn a completion stipend
- Receive career coaching, build your resume, create a career portfolio
- Get connected to employers through internships, job shadows, apprenticeships, direct placement into a career, and other career-building activities
Perks of the Program
- Cash incentives for the successful completion of experiential learning opportunities ($100-$500)
- Access to financial education modules
- Foster Success swag
- Path to a career you love!
The Works Wonders E2 training classes will be held on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 10/8/21 to 10/10/21, and you must attend all classes to obtain job placement services through Works Wonders. The organization will provide dinner on Friday and lunch on Saturday and Sunday, and transportation if it is needed.
Application and Schedule
The first part of the training will be held October 8-October 10 on the following schedule:
- Friday, October 8 – 4:00-8:00 pm
- Saturday, October 9 – 9:00 am-5:00 pm
- Sunday, October 10 – 10:00 am-4:00 pm
Contact me about Workforce ReadinessInterested in being part of the Workforce Readiness program? Have more questions? Sign-up here.
Have other questions?
Contact Daniel Hurst
Program Coordinator, Workforce
email@example.com (o) 317.917.8940 ext. 110