Works Wonders® Career readiness program for teens and young adults who have experienced foster care
The Works Wonders® career readiness program connects foster teens and young adults (ages 18-26) to meaningful employment and paid work experiences.
We want to partner with individuals who need:
- Help finding a job
- Training on the skills needed to get and keep a job
- A career coach to help participants practice their skills and explore career
- A paid work experience in a career field of interest
- Access to High School Equivalency Programs
- Access to a certificate, training, or college program
- Young adults between the ages of 18-26 who have spent at least one day in foster care on or after their 14th birthday.
- Must reside in one of the following counties:
- Boone County
- Hamilton County
- Hancock County
- Hendricks County
- Johnson County
- Marion County
- Morgan County
- Shelby County
- A desire to explore career pathways and attain employment.
- Complete the Tell us a little about yourself at the bottom of this page
The WorksWonders® Process.
- Complete a 16-hour workshop and earn a completion stipend
- Receive career coaching, build your resume, create a career portfolio
- Get connected to employers through internships, job shadows, apprenticeships, direct placement into a career, and other career-building activities
Perks of the Program
- Cash incentives for the successful completion of experiential learning opportunities ($100-$500)
- Access to financial education modules
- Foster Success swag
- Path to a career you love!