Real Talk: No Cap with a Cop
Join us for an honest and brave conversation between teens and young adults with foster care experience and law enforcement officers! We hope that everyone leaves with a better understanding of one another.
No Cap with a Cop is a conversation with young people in care and local police officers. We will have brave conversations around interactions with law enforcement, Black Lives Matter, myths within the police force, and strengthening relationships between young people and police officers.
Teens and young adults with lived experience typically have interactions with police before, during, and after foster care. Our goal is to help dispel the stigma of foster care within the law enforcement community, as well as assist teens and young adults in understanding how law enforcement can be a resource to them.
Teens and young adults in foster care or who have transitioned out of foster care, DCS Case Managers and staff, OYS Providers, and community partners are invited to join this conversation. Please note that youth voice will be prioritized throughout the conversations.
Panel Hosted by Rimy Morris. Panelists include youth with lived experience in foster care as well as members of law enforcement.
Zoom. Pre-register here.
September 27th, 2021 @ 5pm EST via Zoom
The ground rules
- This space is not created for debate or convincing, but open dialogue and conversation.
- Please keep the conversation respectful; this isn’t the place to bring negativity or hate.
- You can keep your camera on or off, whichever makes you most comfortable.
- Feel free to utilize the chat box to engage, ask questions, or post resources.
- Feel free to submit your questions and concerns anonymously.
- GOLDEN RULE: I respect you, you respect me.