Use these materials when covering Foster Success or any of our team. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any requests or concerns and you’ll be directed to the staffer best able to help you.
About Maggie Stevens, Foster Success CEO
Maggie Stevens received her Doctor of Education from the University of Cincinnati, her Master of Science in Human Resource Management from the University of Charleston, and her Bachelor of Art in Psychology from Saint Louis University.
Contact: email@example.com or call 317-917-8940.
Foster Youth Fast-Facts
- Each year in Indiana, about 500 youth age out of the foster care system and into our communities.
- Statistically, foster youth fare dramatically worse than 18-year-olds with parental support.
- Only 64.6 percent of foster students graduate high school, compared with 88.1 percent of their peers in Indiana.
- Nearly 21 percent of foster youth receive a graduation waiver, compared to 8.3 percent of their peers in Indiana.
- 21 percent of Indiana foster youth are suspended each year, compared to 8.9 percent of their peers.
- Hoosier Foster students are expelled at nearly two times the rate of their peers.
- Black foster students are expelled at four times the rate of their peers.
- Foster students are held back at two times the rate of their peers.
- Only 9.1 percent & 28.7 percent of foster students in 10th grade pass the Math and English ISTEP tests respectively.
- Only 3.2 percent and 15.9 percent of black foster students in 10th grade pass the Math & English ISTEP tests respectively.
Foster Success Overview
About Foster Success
Foster Success, formerly Indiana Connected By 25, Inc., is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that provides financial, educational and social support to foster care youth at a most critical time – when they are about to or have already transitioned out of the foster care system, most often with no family or economic support.
Foster Success leads one of 17 sites participating in the national Jim Casey Youth Opportunities Initiative, an effort of the Annie E. Casey Foundation, to make sure young people who have been in foster care after their 14th birthdays have the relationships, resources and opportunities they need to thrive.
- Founded in 2009 as “Indiana Connected by 25”
- Formally became “Foster Success” in 2017
- Foster Success is headquartered in Indianapolis, near MLK Park. Contact or visit us.
- Foster Success employs 10 full-time staff and is governed by a 13-member board. Learn more about our leadership.
- Foster Success has been featured in many state and local headlines, including national coverage from the Kansas City Star in 2019.
More from Foster Success
Download Foster Success’ logos
Additional styles and formats, including all-white, all-black, vector, and 300dpi print-ready versions are available upon request. Contact Justin Harter with requests.