About the Foster Success Emergency Assistance Fund
The Foster Success Emergency Assistance Fund was created to help Indiana teens and young adults transitioning out of foster care who are struggling with financial hardships and unexpected expenses.
*Effective Aug. 1, 2022, there will be a weekly cap on the number of Emergency Assistance Fund requests we are able to approve. Housing requests will be prioritized. Additionally, if you have already had one request disbursed in the current month, you will go on a waiting list for any additional requests. Waiting list requests will only be fulfilled at the end of the month if funds are available.
To be eligible, applicants must
- Be between the ages of 14-25
- Have spent at least one day in the Indiana foster care system on or after their 14th birthday
Emergency Assistance Funds
Emergency Funds can typically be used to support in these areas:
- Past due rent/mortgage payments
- Emergency housing
- Storage units if losing housing
- A security deposit or first month’s rent if previously not housed
- Past due car bills if you have a repo notice
- Gas cards up to $100
- Emergency Car repairs
- Bus cards
- Lyft credits up to $100
- Past due car insurance
- Past due/on the verge of being turned off/or already turned off- phone, internet, water, electricity/gas bills
- When it impacts employment or education; we can only pay licensed childcare providers
- Emergency costs
If your need does not fall under one of the above categories, complete our “Get Connected” form to connect with our Basic Needs Team for 1:1 support in accessing resources and connecting with people in your community.
- Applications are reviewed during normal business hours (M-F 9-5pm).
- Please allow up to two business days for an email response explaining the status of your application.
- Credit card debt and other non-emergencies will not be considered.
- Submit bills or other documents at the time of your application to reduce processing time.
- If you are currently enrolled in Collaborative Care (CC) or Voluntary Services (VS) and you apply for emergency funds, Foster Success staff will work collaboratively with your CC or VS provider to provide you with the best support possible.
- Additional documents will be required to verify your identity before we can disburse any funds.
- Money will NOT be paid directly to the teen or young adult applying.
Emergency Assistance Funds are made possible by individual donors and these organizations: